Want to make your own acai bowl at home?! Keep reading to learn how to make this delicious, filling, and refreshing fruity concoction at home, what it is, and why the acai berry has so many health benefits!
Açai Bowl Recipes and Benefits
What Is an Acai Bowl?
Açai bowls are smoothie bowls made from the acai fruit. The Acai berry is packed with antioxidants and nutrients, and when blended with the other smoothie ingredients, the acai bowl packs a powerful punch unrivaled by any other smoothie-counterpart.
How Do I Pronounce Açai?
Ah-siiiiiiigh-ee. Açai is pronounced with a nice long sigh, just like the sound you make after eating a tasty acai bowl.
Benefits of Acai Bowls
The acai berry is considered a superfood because of its high antioxidant content. Acai contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, C, and E, fatty acids Omega 9, Omega 6, and Omega 3, calcium, fiber, phosphorus, potassium, and proteins. It has been known to reduce cholesterol and ease digestion issues. It also helps boost cognitive function.
The Acai berry in tandem with the other ingredients needed to make an acai bowl only gets more healthy and more delicious.
Should I Add Acai To My Thyroid Diet?
While no research has found a direct impact of Acai on thyroid health, acai does promote overall health in body and brain functions, as well as weight loss benefits, which all have a positive impact on thyroid hormone functions overall. Doctors recommend a diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and other nutrients found in the acai berry.
How to Make An Acai Bowl
Watch this video tutorial first:
Acai Bowl Ingredients
- 1 pack frozen acai (I typically order online via Sambazon, or pick some up at Trader Joes)
- ½ frozen banana
- 1/2 to 1 cup fresh fruit (berries and pineapple are recommended)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (any nut milk is ok)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (or any seed you like)
- banana slices
- goji berries
- coconut flakes
- anything works here!
Acai Bowl Tutorial
- Combine acai bowl ingredients together in a blender. Pulse until it’s nice and smooth. The recommended consistency is similar to a thick smoothie, nice and easy to spoon into your mouth. Add more coconut milk to make it less thick as needed.
- Pour the mix into a bowl
- Affix your toppings into beautiful rows atop your bowl
- Spoon in and enjoy!
How did your Acai bowl turn out? What toppings did you use? Let us know and share your pictures with us in the comments and on social media! Be sure to tag us at @thyroidsymptoms.