Thyroid muscle and joint pain remedies can ease muscle and joint pain associated with thyroid disease. This is what our previous article had to say regarding hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism and their relation to muscle and joint pain. To learn how you can cope with muscle and joint pain, read on below!
Thyroid Muscle and Joint Pain Remedies: Natural Ways To Bring Relief
Natural Alternatives in Treating Thyroid Muscle and Joint Pain
“Most of the muscle and joint pain you experience due to hypothyroidism is because of fluid retention which leads to swollen muscles pressing on your nerves. Hypothyroidism slows your metabolism and allows a fluid build up in your joints that lead to swelling and pain. Fluid retention can also cause muscle and joint stiffness. Although for hyperthyroidism, muscle pain is not as common.”
If you are among the many thyroid patients that suffer from muscle and joint pain due to your thyroid condition and would like to try all-natural methods for pain relief, then look no further. In today’s article, I will share with you natural remedies you can try in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
Natural Remedies For Muscle Pain
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
The alkalizing and anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar make it an excellent natural remedy for muscle pain and swelling.
- Add 2 cups of organic ACV to your warm bath water. Soak your body for 15-20 minutes.
This remedy can be done once a day for 3-4 days at which time you should notice a generous decrease in your muscle pain.
The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger will help to improve blood flow and circulation which, in turn, will help ease muscle pain.
- Add four tablespoons of grated ginger to a cotton bag (that can be tightly sealed).
- Once the cotton bag is sealed, place in hot water for 45 seconds.
- Allow it to cool and then apply to the affected area for 15-20 minutes.
Repeat 3-5 times a day for 2-3 consecutive days for best results.
The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric make it yet another excellent natural remedy for muscle pain relief.
- Combine one teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 cup of whole milk. Stir well.
- Heat this mixture in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once slightly hot, remove from flame.
- Sip this mixture slowly for best results.
You can drink this twice a day to relieve muscle pain.
The anti-inflammatory properties of rosemary leaves (fresh or dried) will help to decrease muscle pain and will help soothe inflamed tissues around your muscles.
- Add 3 ounces of dried rosemary leaves to 7-8 cups of boiling water.
- Remove from heat and let the rosemary leaves steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Next, remove leaves and let it cool to room temperature.
- With this solution, soak the affected area for 15-20 minutes.
This can be done up to 3 times a day for up to 3 consecutive days.
5. Cayenne Pepper
The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of cayenne pepper make it an effective natural remedy for muscle pain, inflammation, and stiffness.
- Combine one teaspoon of cayenne pepper and two tablespoons of olive oil and mix well.
- Apply the cayenne and olive oil mixture to the affected area.
- Cover with gauze and seal with gauze tape.
- Leave it in the affected area overnight, make sure to remove the gauze upon waking.
This can be done for 2-3 consecutive nights.
Natural Remedies For Joint Pain
Due to ginger’s anti-inflammatory properties, it is an excellent natural remedy for muscle pain and joint pain.
Remedy: Ginger Tea
- Combine a small amount of grated ginger (about 1 – 1½ teaspoons) and 1 cup of water.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain, and enjoy.
This natural remedy can be done once a day.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
As with relieving muscle pain, the alkalizing and anti-inflammatory properties of ACV are great for reducing joint pain as well.
- Combine 1-3 teaspoons of organic ACV and ½ teaspoon of honey, add this mixture to 1 cup of warm water.
- Stir and enjoy.
For best results, drink this mixture 2-3 times a day before meals. This remedy is safe and recommended for daily consumption as it is beneficial to your overall health.
3. Epsom Salt
Joint pain is often associated with low magnesium levels within the human body. Epsom salt is a mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate, therefore, Epsom salt baths are an excellent natural remedy for joint pain. Epsom salt, when used in your baths, will help your body absorb magnesium through your skin.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to warm bath water. Give it a light stir.
- Soak for up to 30 minutes.
This remedy can be done up to 3 times a week for best results.
Not only are the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric beneficial for muscle pain, they are great for joint pain as well.
- Combine one teaspoon of turmeric powder and ½ teaspoon of honey, add this mixture to 4-6 ounces of warm milk.
- Stir and enjoy.
Drink this solution once a day for up to 3-4 days for best results.
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of fenugreek make it a great natural remedy for joint pain.
- Slightly chew and swallow one teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds.
- Immediately follow with 4-6 ounces of warm water.
For best results, do this once every morning until you achieve relief from joint pain.
Watch this video from Dr. Richard Hagmeyer D.C to know if your chronic pain is caused by your thyroid:
Thyroid muscle and joint pain may interfere with our daily lives. This is just another symptom a thyroid patient needs to deal with. But, with the natural remedies listed above, you can easily relieve your pain in the comfort of your home.
Do you use thyroid muscle and joint pain remedies? We would love to hear from you! Share your experience and knowledge with us in the comment section below!